Welcome to the Open Contracting for Health (OC4H) project's online Open Contracting hub developed with the Transparency International Health Initiative (TI-HI). To read more about us, click here.
This resource is intended to do three things:
- Provide an e-learning programme tailored to your needs.
- Enable cross-country discussion on implementation of Open Contracting and;
- Host downloadable tools for Open Contracting
Open Contracting is the process of openly publishing contracts to get the best value for money and most importantly, improved service delivery. With advances in technology, this can be done online in order to encourage all competition.
Examples of Open Contracting systems are Prozorro in Ukraine. Launched in 2016, as of February 2019, it is estimated to have saved as much as $2.9 Billion dollars and reduced corruption in procurement by 25%.
This platform is designed to be usable for anyone interested in Open Contracting as a topic, whether an observer with a casual interest or a hardcore coding implementer. Different modules (chapters), discussions and tools are available to people from different sectors (particularly civil society and government) and different levels of knowledge.
We are a health project but while used extensively in the examples, the OC-Hub does not focus solely on the health sector and therefore this platform will be useful for people from any sector.
After completion of the (short) assessments in the 9 main chapters, you will:
- Have more knowledge on why open contracting is important in procurement
- Be able to identify key steps and roles in the
procurement cycle and have a better understanding of open contracting in public
- Be able to use and analyse procurement data to improve value for money in your procurement system
- have access to tools and knowledge to improve community monitoring of procurements
- Certificate of Completion for Training in Open Contracting For Health